Private Health Insurance

Families who have private health cover may be entitled to a rebate for speech pathology services. Please check with your private health insurance provider to determine if you are covered for speech pathology services.

Government Funding

Chronic Disease Management Plan
Your child may be eligible for Medicare benefits to cover allied health services (including speech pathology) to help manage a chronic condition. Beyond Speech is able to provide speech pathology services under this initiative.

There is an information sheet about this program here.

For further information about this please talk to your doctor and visit the following websites:
•    Department of Human Services: Chronic Disease Management Plan
•    Department of Health: Chronic Disease Management (CDM) Medicare Items 

Helping Children with Autism Medicare Rebates
Medicare Rebates exist for the early diagnosis and treatment of children with autism or any other pervasive developmental disorder (PDD).  Speech pathology services are part of this rebate scheme. Please refer to the Department of Health & Ageing Helping Children with Autism Fact Sheet for further information. Download PDF or visit the Department of Health website

Better Start for Children with disabilities Medicare Rebates
Medicare rebates exist for the early diagnosis and treatment of children with an eligible disability. Speech pathology services are part of this rebate scheme. Download PDF or visit
•    Department of Social Services

NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme)

Speech Pathology Hub can offer supports for plan-managed and self-managed NDIS participants.   Speech Pathology Hub are able to support prospective participants to apply for NDIS funding.  Further information about the NDIS is available at NDIS.

​Carers Allowance

An income supplement is available for carers who provide additional daily care and attention for someone with a disability or medical condition, or who is frail aged.    For further information, please refer to the Department of Social Services website